Thursday, December 4, 2008

Introduction

I know a lot about dogs. I love dogs, and there's nothing I want more at the end of the day than a good round of frisbee with my border collie, Rusty. I have a 3 year old lhasapoo (lhasa-apso/poodle cross) named Jolie, and a 6 month old border collie, Rusty. I train both dogs using positive training techniques, mostly with the clicker. I'm not a professional trainer, but I hope to get there one day :-) I'm starting this blog both to document my learning and Rusty's, and to share all the information I'm gathering with others who might be interested.

I recently switched my dogs to raw diets, so you may see a lot of posts about that in the coming weeks, along with updates to my training with Rusty. We've been working on tricks up to this point, and he knows 31 words. We're going to start a few dog training classes soon to get him used to the environment before we start agility in June 2009.

I hope you all learn from and enjoy this site. I'm not an expert, I'm an expert in training ;-) So feel free to ask questions or make comments.

Cheers!

Robin

No comments: